Wednesday, July 18, 2007

OK, I know I suck! I know that some of you only live vicariously through me and my exciting adventures and here I am letting you go for weeks without a Bill fix. Please find it in your heart to be forgiving. Ok, so, enough of that crap! Hey I’ve been busy, so back off!

The last post stated that I’d be emceeing the “Slippery Kittens” variety show event at the end of June, so I guess that’s where I’ll begin.

Once upon a time, a long, long time ago in a far, far away land, a land called Layton, in that land I participated in a fundraising activity along with a very special group of friends. Our fundraiser had us operating a TNT fireworks booth selling, what else but… fireworks. We did pretty well and so the following year we did it again, and so on, and so on. This was 8 years ago! We are still working with TNT, but for ourselves now, call it a “Gillane Family” fundraiser if you will. We now operate two 40 X 60’ tents on the west side, one in Kearns and the other a few blocks from our house in West Jordan.

So for the last week of June and the first week of July, we are busy with that and then for several weeks after, I am settling the books and paying everyone and generally closing a business down. It is actually a lot of fun and it seems like it’s the only time we get to see some of our friends.

The “Slippery Kittens” show was great as always and I can’t wait until the show on the 28th of July. This show is ALL new, new numbers, costumes, dances and fun.

This last week, these lovely ladies were part in a new feature film produced here in SLC called “Animals”. There is a part I think a dream sequence, that required burlesque dancers, so there you go!

The Kittens also held a carwash fundraiser for a guy named Marty who was deliberately run over by a white van at around 2 am near 700 East and 4500 South, a few weeks back while he and his wife were riding there bicycles. Tons of folks showed up, not only because of the bikini wearing Kittens, but because it was the right thing to do. There was an hour and a half wait to get your car washed. The car wash was held at a Moe’s bar and grill downtown where they had 3 or 4 bands playing and the proceeds were also donated to the “Marty” fund. Several more fundraisers are planned over the next few weeks for Marty and his family.

I am quite taken by the support of everyone involved. Including the “Bikers Against Child Abuse” who showed up in pretty impressive numbers to get their Harley’s cleaned, plus the many bars and clubs and other organizations that are holding events to help out.

Bar Deluxe where the Kittens perform, is holding a fundraiser this weekend. There will be a least 4 bands playing there too. So if you want to get out and play on Saturday night, head over to be 666 S. State Street, SLC.

My next post is about my filming stuff. Stay tuned!

See Ya,

Bill

No comments: