Friday, May 16, 2008

I got to take part in this years “48Hour” film project. This marks the second year in Salt Lake. Last year I was part of a team that got mentioned in the “City Weekly Best Of 2007” edition. Here’s what they had to say about our entry:

BEST SPEED CINEMA

48 Hour Film Project

For the first time, Salt Lake City filmmakers participated in the test of creativity and stamina. Thanks to the Salt Lake Film Society, we saw a delightful array of short flicks that had to be completed in 48 hours. Some were deliciously awful (such as the campy fantasy The Stone Talice); others (like Reader Pick winner Klaus) were of the caliber you’d be delighted to find at Sundance. Ah, the benefits of Final Cut Pro.

You can read about all of the other “Best’s” here:

http://www.slweekly.com/index.cfm?do=article.details&id=F634A88E-0AF0-B28F-6A34936219A2E806&page=3

Then I get this from a friend who was also on the team from last year.

“I was reading facebook today and noticed you had sent a pic to someone saying that your 48 hour thing won the audience award? Congrats! Way to go from the Loosing-est team to a winner in one year!!!”

You can read about this year’s adventure in the post below or on the 48Hour site clicking here:

http://www.48hourfilm.com/saltlakecity/blog.php

The “48Hour” wrap party was Saturday night and it was where lots of the film makers, actors and crew came together to play and celebrate both survival and completion. Lots of familiar faces and most of them were even friendly. We showed up a bit late as we were at our friends sons wedding reception, which I didn’t really want to leave, but I was the only one from our film in town that night, so I had to go and represent our team. I did have a great time at both events.

The award ceremony was on Monday night. It started late and the theater was full. I guess the folks at the “Tower” theater don’t realize that when you have a full house it’s best to actually run the A/C.

There were 44 teams and I think a total of 43 films made it in, although not all were on time which eliminated them from the awards.

Our screening was Thursday last week we were in “Group C”. I think about 8 of the 11 films that screened with ours won awards including ours. We won the “Audience Favorite” award, and I got to accept it for our team. See below.

2008 - 48Hour Project

No comments: