Thursday, February 22, 2007

Lots of things going on!

First few things:

Robbie turned 25 on the 7th & Billy 27 on the 19th


All that this means to me is that they are getting older. I didn’t have a birthday, they did! Oh and Sean turns 14 on the 16th of March, and Anna 16 in May, if you are keeping track.

Last Wednesday night the 14th, we had our first rehearsal for “Mathews Sandcastle” I’m not sure when we will have another one, but shooting for my part is set around the 12th or 13th of March for one or two nights.

This past weekend I shot a film with Kyle M. at his home in North Salt Lake. There were a few actors from Rob Diamond’s “Actors Lounge” cast in this short. Alex P., is new to the lounge, Linda E., who is a regular, and myself. The other actors we worked with Carolyn K., and Glade C. It was fun and is the first film done for the new group “801” modeled after the group “101” out of L.A.

On Monday night I had a rehearsal for a short film that will be shot the first weekend in March. It’s called “Side Effects”. Lonny D., the writer / director is a grad student up at the U. I don’t know if he was actually there at the audition or if he had just watched my audition from the tape. Anyway, he liked what he saw and speaking in with him on Wednesday night at the rehearsal, he told the other actor, Crystal and me that the story had been floating around in the back of his mind for a while, but once he had seen our two auditions, he put his idea on paper, essentially writing it specifically for the two us to bring to life. The story is a father and daughter having a conversation that is quite real. I had only just met Crystal on Monday night, but I think we work well together. This film has to be done within a five hour stretch without any editing. Shoot after shoot and they will simply pick the best one to use. One where the sound, lighting, acting, directing and everything else is the best it can be. That’s how it is graded and how everyone on the project learns. What I’ve learned in doing these is just how many things can actually go wrong at any given moment. We will shoot on the 3rd or 4th of March.

Friday the 23rd, I am working with a very talented actress Kate P., another from the lounge who is making her first short film. She has written the story, selected the cast, plus she is directing and producing this project. Did I mention that she is just 17 years old? She has been working in the industry for many years on films TV and has done several different commercials too. She is amazing and I’d put her up against anyone considered to be the “best” today. One of the film’s stars is Susan R. The story is about surrender and the freedom it can bring. I play a dark shadowy figure and you never actually see who I am. I do need to speak with Kate about why is it that she sees me as a dark shadowy figure???

Saturday the 24th, I have a part in an independent film to be shot up in Logan. This one is definitely twisted and is going to be fun to do. I am one of three guards who watch a zombie. The three guards each have their own 8 hour shift and the story is about those shifts and our how characters lives effect our relationship with the zombie. Did I mention fun and twisted?

Next up is a film by Rob Diamond that is set to film the 9th and 10th of March.

Then…, I have another film where I am a campaign manager for a political candidate who is single and who is running in a national campaign while seeing a lady who is… The story is about how this relationship determines the result of the race. We start filming the week of the 18th of March.

So I guess my weekends are pretty much set for the next month or so.

Two films that I am in did get submitted to “On The Lot” I’ll have to wait to see when they get posted to the site. I’ll let you know.

See Ya,

Bill

No comments: