Friday, April 06, 2007

Lots of auditions this week! Two different teams for the 48Hour project have offered me a place on their team. I need to make a choice, quickly. I kind of feel like I’m two timing or something, however I did tell the second team I auditioned for, that I was looking at their team and another.

I was also called by a friend to join another team. Then I got an email from someone who I don’t know looking for me to be a part of their team. After I responded to them I got an IM from someone else I don’t know, on my “MySpace” page, looking for me to send him my headshot and resume, as he is putting a team together too. He is coming in from LA to play in this competition.

The first team is a lot of fun and held an improve night on Tuesday to see how we all work together. Improve stuff is either scary or tons of fun if you have the right group of folks to play with. These guys and girls were indeed fun and a bit wacky too. The team organizers and writer and crew were there to see our personalities because they will need to write a script very quickly Friday night with all of us in mind.

The second team I had auditioned for was great. They were very excited to be doing this and were very professional. These ladies know what they want and are going to get it. I was very impressed with all of them. They were very well spoken and clear on their goals. I am really torn here. I was asked first by the other team. Even though this is Utah, I’m told I can’t have both. I really want to work with these ladies, and only hope that if I don’t choose them, that they won’t hold it against me for too long. This is a small market and I am sure I will run into them again, and I only want good things for all of us.

All these folks have had to put together their own teams, the Writers, Directors, Cinematographers, Cast, Musician / Composer… They have had to scout locations all around SLC, plus get written and signed permission to shoot at those locations. All films will have to include a recognizable landmark and each team will be given a prop, a character and line of dialogue to be included in every film. There is a lot of work in getting this going, and a lot of the teams are working their butts off getting things in place to make this happen.

There were 17 teams in the contest then sometime Monday they opened slots for an additional 12 teams. So people are scrambling to get their teams together.

This is going to be awesome! 29 teams of anywhere from 3 or 4 on a team to teams of 20 or more, all running around SLC trying to get a film made within the same 48Hours! CRAZY!!! But I personally think it sounds like one hell of a lot of fun! This all starts on Friday night the 20th of April @ 6:00 pm. All the teams will meet at the Salt Lake City Library’s downtown amphitheater. They will pick the genre and get some instructions, then, they are off. It all ends Sunday night by delivering the completed and edited films to a specified location. The winners will be picked and shown at a downtown movie theater the following week. Pretty exciting stuff!

The auditions this week included one for a feature film and one for a new TV series pilot. One was for V/O and radio commercials. One was for a talk show host. One was even for a print modeling job.

“The Rising”, a TV pilot shoot that had I had been set to film my part for on Friday the 6th was changed to Friday the 13th because of a location conflict. I am also part of a live show later on that night @ 666 S. State Street. Should I be scared?

Last Sunday we completed my part of the shooting on Josh’s film noir. Here is a photo of the cool car I’m in while Josh and I run lines for the scene.

“Topher”, a student at the U, asked me to be in his film. We rehearse Monday night.

Dave Christensen has a twisted little film that he has cast me in as the Dad. Shooting should only be a few hours for me.

Amy Bronson is still looking for a location to film her short, but I can’t wait to film this one.

Film Fest on the 20th Up at the U of U @ 7:30 pm

No comments: