Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Looks like a couple of weeks since I’ve updated. To start with just after my last post, on Saturday night the 19th I got to be the Emcee at a "Slippery Kittens Burlesque" show in downtown SLC. It was supposed to be me and another guy to see who got to be the regular emcee for the group. We were to be there by 7:30 pm and get to know our way around and so on. Well the other guy never showed up – lucky for me! Well the group actually liked how I handled myself and I had a lot of fun too. They have since asked me to be their official emcee. Their next two shows are the 30th of June, and the 28th of July.

Earlier in the day on the 19th, I was involved in the re-shoot of a zombie short film called “Test Subject Zero” I am one of three security guards who cover a 24 hour period. Each guard is featured interacting with the captured Zombie. That interaction is where the story lies. Paul Johnson, a friend of mine is the Zombie.

Paul wrote and directed a short film I was in called “Blue Moon”. Paul just graduated from the U and this coming Thursday he is leaving for New York to live out his dream. He had a screening Wednesday evening where he showed several of the films he has been involved with as an actor, or writer, or director, or even had been a producer of sorts on. It was nice to see a compilation of his work. He showed “Blue Moon” too, I hope to get a copy of it before he leaves town.

It was also kind of sad as he is leaving and I knew it might be the last time we get to see one another for quite a while. You shall be missed. Good for you Paul, and good luck!

Friday night I got to see “Side Effects” over at Lonny Danler’s place. This was the one that is one shot, one take, no editing, best take… it was just over 6 minutes long. The story is about a father and daughter having a conversation about her taking her medication’s and the father avoiding being her dad by keeping her quite and under control by medication… it turned out very nice and Lonnie and his crew did a great job making it appear as though it were a real and believable conversation.

Also showing was a film called “Pole Dance” it was a delightful short film that was genuine and real, and fun to watch. It was honest and entertaining at the same time. It’s about a group of ladies who belong to a book reading club, a coffee clutch if you will, an intellectual group of individuals who explore different parts of their being, discovering and awakening and embracing who they truly are, and having fun in the process.

I had a rehearsal on Tuesday night for the 35 mm film project called “10 Letters”, and have another one this Tuesday. We will be filming my part on Sunday night the 3rd.

I am taking a class on the 2nd and the 3rd of June. And I’m supposed to be in Vegas for a mortgage seminar event on the 6th 7th and 8th, I don’t see that happening. And my part for “Manifesto” is scheduled to film on the 8th and 9th, and the 16th and 17th of June.

Manifesto is having a few “location” issues, so I don’t know if things are pushed back or what. I do know that the writer, director, star, producer… need to have it filmed and edited and completed by, I think, September in order to get into “Sundance” for 2008.

Had a very lazy Memorial Day weekend, ate out a few times, BBQ’d did a little yard work, repaired the sprinklers – ALL of them actually work and are on the timer, and the timer is even set correctly.

Robbie took his new puppy and his sister Anna & his brother Sean camping, so Sue and I had the house and the weekend to ourselves. We ate like pigs, stayed up late and got up late too. Not a bad way to spend the weekend.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Josh and I are soooooooo coming on June 30th. I can't wait!