Saturday, November 11, 2006

A friend commented to me about my blog, but not on my blog. She asked if my acting and mortgage stuff were contradictory. My answer is no, not at all. You’ll notice a link on the right side of my blog, where there is a photo of me standing up with my arms folded, the link that says “Owning and Living Your Dreams.” That has been a quote of mine for quite a few years now, and yes I made it up. I thought it was cool, so I put it on everything, my business cards, flyers, any advertisement, and now my web sites and blog. Go ahead and check out the link, you can even sign up for some free stuff.

For me, just so you know, the statement has very little to do with anyone actually getting a loan. It has everything to do with everyone including myself, declaring a dream then having the guts to go out and own that declaration, and live their dream.

Yes, it has to do with home ownership but before you can own, you have to have some idea, a dream, of what that home will look like for you. Double car garage, large master bathroom, gourmet kitchen, herb garden, and so on. You have to see it and once you do, you go out into the world and look for it. Maybe the picture isn’t very clear at the start, maybe the dream is simply ”owning”, but the more you look, the more you begin to see and once the image becomes very clear, you can start living that dream.

Maybe for you it is a home, or a car, maybe it’s your career, or even your future bride or groom, only you know what it is. But I think that you and I will only be happy when we are truly “Owning and Living Our Dreams”.

I had a friend, an acquaintance really, call me on my dream a couple of years back. OK, so I didn’t really know him at all, we had just met. He asked me why I wasn’t living my dream. Well to be really honest, he pissed me off. I told him that he didn’t even know me nor know what my dream was. He said that it was very clear that I wasn’t living my dream but it really didn’t matter what my dream was. He said that what did matter was what I was teaching my kids. I questioned him about that, and asked him what he thought I was teaching my kids. Then the jerk said that I was teaching them that they shouldn’t bother having dreams because dreams don’t matter. He said that by not living my dream, I was giving them permission to fail and not follow their dream or their heart, and not live their purpose, and not to bother doing what they thought was important. Dreams are not important, that’s what he said I was teaching my kids. This guy really pissed me off bad, but sometimes the truth hurts. Even a bad example, is an example.

He then asked me what my dream was and I told him what it thought it was. I hadn’t entertained it for quite a while, so I thought that I wasn’t sure what it was. I told him that I had always wanted to be a professional actor as long as I can remember, and that people had always told me that I have a great voice and have said that I should go into radio. I told him that I loved playing with my voice ever since my voice started to change when I was around 13 or 14 years old. I have been told that I have a great face for radio too.

What he did was spark in me the possibility that I could actually own my dream. Whether it does or doesn’t actually come true don’t really matter, the “going for it” is what does. The belief that it is possible is what matters. He allowed me to dream about dreaming again but with a different twist. I guess the reason I didn’t “go for it” was because I thought it was about me and maybe I didn’t deserve to be something or somebody, or have the finer things in life. But it is not about me, it’s about what I can give the world, namely my children and future grandchildren. For me to hold back, that’s where the “selfish” comes in, that’s where I rob them of the possibilities they hold, and rob them of what they are supposed to share with the world. So now, yes, I do get to Own and Live My Dreams.

Back to the question, the mortgage business will allow me to help individuals and family’s “Own and Live Their Dreams” while allowing me to be able to support my family and fund our dreams too.

See Ya,
Bill

No comments: