Sunday, December 24, 2006

I got a call from my brother John on Saturday. He was excited to tell me that he saw me Friday night on a commercial in Phoenix, in his living room on his big screen TV! I told him that I have never done a commercial in the Phoenix market. He said it was on the trailer for Unaccompanied Minors. I told him that Id seen the trailer and hadnt seen myself. Later on I even went on to the website looking for it, and still didnt see it. Then after church today a few people told me the same thing. I am in the background, but right behind the main actors, and pretty clear. So wow its nationwide! Thats it, just standing there looking goofy. I think its kind of funny.

So here is my whats gone on this year story 2006. Most of this is a rerun, but its a summary.

I have been in several films this past year. One called Dark Matter was picked to be seen at the Sundance film festival this year. I was just an extra, but Aidan Quinn comes up to me at one point and shakes my hand, then goes to meet other guests. I am also in a few shots at the scientists conference too. So if they dont cut the scenes, you might be able to see me, even if I am just a blur. This film stars Meryl Streep, Aidan Quinn, and many others youll also recognize.

Another film called American Fork is going to be seen at the Slamdance festival. It runs the same time as Sundance. I was a featured extra in American Fork as the award presenter who presents the main character an award. No lines, but I should be seen there too, again that is, if they dont cut the scene. This one is with Billy Baldwin.

Ive done a commercial for an attorney, and its still playing. I did a commercial up in Idaho for an auto body shop, Ive never seen it. I was in a commercial for a contest for the Utah Film Commission. If we win, it will be shown up at Sundance during the festival and on the Sundance channel too. I play the main spokesman who talks about why film makers should come to Utah to make their movies. (It didnt win.) I was also in an LDS commercial due out soon, you know the ones brought to you by the…” I hope that dont get me kicked out of the Knights of Columbus or have to surrender my office as the Deputy Grand Knight. I was just an extra, so I should be OK.

I also did some voice promo spots for the Food Network show called Co-Ed Cooking. And finally, this week I recorded the narration for the movie trailer 801. They liked what I did and said that they want me to record the actual movie trailer when it is released in theaters once it is made. They said that I sounded as good as the regular theater guy voice. I told them Id be happy if they only paid me half of what he gets.

I have been in over 20 independent films this past year. Some were student films. Several for students up at the U of U, a few over at SLCC, two at Weber State, and the Utah film commission commercial was done way up at Utah State. Some were short films and a few were full length feature films.

I filmed a TV pilot called Forever High School. I am the football coach, and if the show gets picked up, I suppose Ill need to get to know some of the rules of the game.

I have been cast in another independent featured film. We will start filming in a few weeks. Its a small part, but it is a speaking role. I was cast in another student film this week too.

Lots of things going on & lots of it is very positive too. Im living and making my dream come true! The money will follow! 2007 is going to be a great year!

You can always keep updated on whats going on with me and the family by checking my blog. I usually update it about once a week..

See Ya,

Bill

Maybe next week I'll discuss how I feel about plastic packaging and glue. Who the hell do they think are trying to get into the packages??? Gorillas? You need scissors a box cutter, matches, pliers, screwdrivers and sometimes even a hammer. For god's sake... its just a shirt! Did you know that you can actually hurt yourself by trying to get the chocolate covered cherries out of the flippin box. God forbid you get a pocket knife as a gift, you cant even get to it!

No comments: