Friday, December 01, 2006

















So here is the latest: 12-01-2006

I was in a short independent film, a few weekends back, called “The Prayer” written, produced and directed by Mr. Joshua Negley. The story is based on “The War Prayer” by Mark Twain. My part we filmed in three days.

I know from my acting classes and from my acting coaches, that I should always “read the entire script” before I make my choices and decide on how to play my part. Get to know what the story is all about then look for hints on the history and background of the character I am to play. In this case I read my part and skimmed over the rest of the script. I had a lot of lines, so I concentrated on my part and didn’t pay a lot of attention to the other parts. I was aware of whom the other characters were but I had almost no interaction with them, so I was not as familiar with what their roles were all about. Selfish, yes I know.

The reason I bring this up is because after filming a good portion of my part on Saturday afternoon, I got to sit and watch the other lead character perform his part. I was quite moved by this actors’ performance, and also by the message of the film.

I play the preacher or pastor. I interact slightly with the very sparse congregation. I offer my sympathy from the pulpit to a family. Then I say a prayer that sets the stage for the story to take place.

The message is quite thought provoking, especially in light of current world events. Very interesting, and so, as soon as it is out of post production, I will share it with you all. Stay tuned!

See Ya,
Bill

No comments: